Friday 6 January 2012

Work in the style of my chosen director


During class we were set the task to produce two pictures that were in the same style as our chosen researched director - ( my chosen director being Stanley Kubrick). In order to complete this task I decided to look at some of Stanley Kubrick's movie posters etc to get some ideas. Here are the posters that I have considered...


After looking for common themes throughout these posters I came up with this list of common (almost) conventions within Kubrick posters:

·         Close ups of faces
·         Focus on eyes
·         people holding knives
·         The colour black is commonly used
·         People in real-life colour
·         Faces featured are without blemishes - perfect skin
·         Make-up is clearly used

No comments:

Post a Comment