Friday 6 January 2012

Photos in the same style as my researched director

Keeping the conventions of that I have outlined in my previous post in mind her is the first photo that I have edited and the stages of the editing process.

Original image: I decided to take a picture of my own eye, as throughout Kubrick's work there is a strong emphasis upon faces etc. I also decided to accentuate my eye by wearing brightly coloured make-up.











Here is the first stage of the editing process: I have cropped the picture in order to focus upon the eye.











Again, to edit the image further (and to draw the audience’s attention to the main focal point of the photograph, I have cropped this image.









After fully cropping the image, I went on to increase the brightness and contrast levels in order to make the pupil of the eye look darker and more mysterious - akin to Kubrick's work.










Final image: Finally, I added a "green filter" to the picture in order to brighten the colour intensity of the make-up on my eye lid, whilst making the small specs of green colour in my eye become more visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment