Tuesday 27 March 2012

Image edits - how I created the image for the second draft of my magazine cover

Here is my original image. I decided to take a picture of one of my peers in a bush because I thought the it would suggest that they were secretly observing somebody – and of course not wanting to be seen as they are hiding within the canvas of the bush. I also chose to make my peer hold a pair of binoculars as I feel that they are a symbol for the surveillance that is taking place. Finally, I chose for my peer to wear one of my dad’s old sweat shirts so that he would look older ( ie married and a barrister – like I had previously mentioned in my storyline)



When I began the editing process, I chose to use the online programm “picnik” to edit my images; as after using it on a more regular basis, it has now become my prefered editing programm. I then tried to edit a green “film” effect over the image but then didn’t feel that it was effective enough so I decided to disguard that effect.









Akin the image that manipulated for my movie poster, I added the “posterize effect” to this image to immitate the style of my movie poster – thus creating a sense of cohesion between the two products.












Finally, I blurred and darkened the edges of the image so that the focus was upon the person in the picture. Therefore, the attention of the audience is drawn to this focus.




No comments:

Post a Comment