Wednesday 8 February 2012

Addressing the feedback comments

One of the feedback comments that was made about the first draft of my movie poster was that the font needed to be more clear. In order to address this comment and due to Microsoft office’s lack of appropriate fonts, I searched online for “free font” websites.
After searching for a while, I came across a website called “fontspace.com” which I decided to use. I then typed in the word “surveillance” – which I my movie poster title, so that any appropriate fonts would have the word surveillance written.
When I found two or three fonts that I liked, I copy and pasted the font into a Powerpoint presentation document. This might seem strange but the reason for this was that the fonts were copied as pictures and so each had a white background behind them that I needed to get rid of.  In the Powerpoint document, I used the “remove background” tool to select the text within the image, thus removing the white background that I did not want. Then I proceeded to copy the text into a “publisher” document, where I postioned the font over the picture used on my poster.
I repeated this process for several fonts until I found two that I was equally happy with.  With this dilemma, I printed the two versions of the poster around my peers in sixth form and simply asked them which they thought looked better. The result was the all 20 people that I asked preferred the same poster.
I will now continue to work on that poster – probably adding the credits Ect, before I post it on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment